Friday, August 14 & Saturday, August 15
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel
2450 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Hotel rooms are no longer available at the Waverly.
GCO will again certify Georgia Firearms Carry Course instructors at 7th Annual Convention
From GCO Life Member and Board Member, Chuck Turney:
GeorgiaCarry.Org will be certifying Georgia Firearms Carry Course instructors during this year’s convention. This twelve-hour course has been developed to provide the student with the basic knowledge of both responsible and legal carry of firearms within the state of Georgia and to impart the fundamentals of personal safety, situational awareness, and legal use of force. Topics covered are; Georgia Carry Laws, Handgun Safety, Basic Marksmanship, Carry Methods and Concerns, Presentation Techniques, Cleaning and Maintenance, Ammunition, Dry Fire Drills/Practical Application and Live Fire Drills.
Instructor certification will be conducted during our 7th Annual Convention. A special, reservation only, instructors workshop will be held Saturday, August 15th. Members holding a certification in firearms instruction are invited to RSVP for this workshop by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptable Instructor credentials include but are not limited to: NRA Instructors, Military and Law Enforcement Instructors, etc.
This course is free to those qualified that are attending the convention. The course will run 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on the number of attendees.
Itinerary (subject to change)
FRIDAY – August 14, 2015
• 3:30 – 8:00 PM – Registration Open
• 6:00 – 8:00 PM – Dinner in Ballroom 4
• 8:00 PM – ? PM – Poker, Zombie Shoot and more in Ballroom 3
• Adjourn by midnight
SATURDAY, August 15, 2015
• 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Registration Open
• 6:00 – 9:00 AM – Vendor Show Set Up Ballroom 4
• 7:15 – 8:30 AM – Breakfast – Upstairs Garden Court
• 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM – Vendor Show and Zombie Shoot in Ballroom 4
• 8:30 – 9:20 AM – Highlands Room – Michael Menkus –“Your Morning Jolt: Background Checks”
• 9:30 – 10:20 AM – Highlands Room – Kirk Evans – US Law Shield – “After you’ve saved your life, what then?”
• 9:30 – 11:00 AM – Stanhope Room – Chuck Turney – “Georgia Firearms Certification Course”
• 10:30 AM – 11:50 – Highlands Room – Claude Werner – “OODA Loop, What it really means”
• 11:50 AM – 1:00 PM – Stanhope Room – Life Members – “Lunch with Kenn Blanchard”
• 12:00 Noon – 1:00 PM – BREAK – Members are on their own for lunch
• 1:00 – 1:50 PM – Highlands Room – The Well Armed Woman Presentation
• 1:30 – 2:50 PM – Stanhope Room – Matt Podowitz – “Why & How to Talk With Your Kids About Gun Safety (Even if You Don’t Own Guns” & “Five Things Every Teen Should Know About Gun Safety” • 2:00 – 2:50 PM – Highlands Room – William Woodall & Alan Powell – “Lobbying & Grass Roots Advocacy”
• 3:00 – 4:00 PM – Highlands Room – “Meet the GeorgiaCarry.Org Board of Directors”
• 4:00 – 5:00 PM – “Make that purchase you are considering at the Vendor Show!” All members are asked to visit with the vendors in the vendor show
• 5:00 – 7:00 PM – Pre-dinner Cocktail Hour / Silent Auction / Zombie Shoot in Garden Court
• 7:00 PM – Gala Dinner in Habersham Ballroom with Guest Speaker Kenn Blanchard, Emcee Mark Walters, Live Auction with Professional Auctioneer – Paul Fowler
GALA Dinner Outline
• 7:00 – 7:10 PM – Emcee Mark Walters will lead the Pledge of Allegiance, the dinner prayer will be offered, followed by Mark Walters’ introduction of Guests
• 705 – 7:25 PM – Dinner is served
• 7:25 – 7:27 PM – Mark Walters introduces Speaker Kenn Blanchard
• 7:27 – 7:45 PM – Kenn Blanchard Speaks
• 7:45 – 8:00 PM – Presentation of awards
• 8:15 – 8:40 PM – Live Auction Part 1
• 8:40 – 8:55 PM – Prizes from contests during the day & Texas Hold ‘em tournament will be presented
• 8:55 – 9:10 PM – Live Auction Part 2
• 9:10 – 9:15 PM – Presentation of door prizes
Thanks and Good night!
Special Guest Speaker – This year’s convention speaker is Kenn Blanchard, Author of Black Man With a Gun and the blog with the same name. For those not familiar with Kenn, here is his bio.
Reverend Blanchard is internationally known as the Black Man With A Gun. He is an author, and gun rights activist with a background in counter-terrorism, and police instruction. He is a former US Marine trained by Department of State and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). He speaks Brazilian, Portuguese and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
He served as one of the first African American members of the Director of CIA protective staff and firearms instructors.
He has served as a columnist for New Voices Newspaper of Durham, North Carolina; as a Director and Chaplain of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America. He has lobbied and testified before the United States Congress, Texas, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, and Maryland for an individual’s right to self-defense. He is the recipient of the NRA’s Carter-Harlon award for Civil Rights. He is currently on the training committee for the NRA.
With two decades of gun rights activism, Blanchard has been involved in almost every pro-rights event that involved a person of color. He has done commercials for TV against racist gun laws and been featured in four documentaries. He has been speaking professionally since 1992. He has provided voice-overs for pro-gun commercials in Chicago, Los Angeles and Baltimore.
In 2014, he has spoken with Donald Trump in Albany, NY, as a media expert in Las Vegas, NV and Phoenix, AZ for AZCDL.org.
He produces a weekly pro-gun variety show online called the Black Man With A Gun Show, now in its sixth year.
He is a trusted influencer in the gun community and communicates regularly with many of the top people he has known since 1991. He is sought after speaker and sage in the gun community. He has several blogs and is the publisher of blanchardmediagroup.com.
Here are 3 of his articles: How the CIA Agent Became a Pastor – Close Up and Personal with the Daniel Defense DDM4V9 – Thinking About Concealed Carry
GeorgiaCarry.Org will once again be furnishing lunch for our Lifetime Members with Kenn. Kenn is looking forward to having lunch and a lively discussion with the Life Members on Saturday.
Kenn will also be signing and selling his books, “Black Man With a Gun” at the vendor show on Saturday.
We are very honored to have a man with such an impressive resume.