Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A)
Title 16 – Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 11 – Offenses Against Public Order and Safety
Article 4 – Dangerous Instrumentalities and Practices
Part 3 – Carrying and Possession of Firearms
Georgia Code § 16-11-136. Restrictions on possession, manufacture, sale, or transfer of knives
- (a) As used in this Code section, the term:
- (1) “Courthouse” shall have the same meaning as set forth in Code Section 16-11-127.
- (2) “Government building” shall have the same meaning as set forth in Code Section 16-11-127.
- (3) “Knife” means any cutting instrument with a blade and shall include, without limitation, a knife as such term is defined in Code Section 16-11-125.1.
- (b) Except for restrictions in courthouses and government buildings, no county, municipality, or consolidated government shall, by rule or ordinance, constrain the possession, manufacture, sale, or transfer of a knife more restrictively than the provisions of this part.
History:Code 1981, § 16-11-136, enacted by Ga. L. 2012, p. 1141, § 1/SB 432.